Halwa is probably one of the oldest sweets of Indian cuisine! Generations of Indians have grown up enjoying a variety of puddings for special occasions, religious festivals or just for sweets. Sooji halwa is one of the most popular halwa loved by Indian families. It is very easy to make and it is very tasty too. However, whenever we make it at home, we do not find it as tasty as we find sooji ka halwa made with halwai. It makes us wonder what kind of magic the halwai does to make such a good tasting halwa. Thanks to YouTube-based food blogger ‘Cook With Parul’, we’ve uncovered the secret to halwai and now you can make halwai-style sooji pudding at home.
Also read: Viral Video: Woman jokes with Turkish ice cream vendor; steals ice cream
Tips for making Halwai-Style Sooji Halwa:
The first step is to replace our normal, grainy semolina with fine semolina. Good semolina is available in the market, but you can also make good semolina at home. Just grind the granulated semolina till it becomes fine as a powder.
The ratio of ingredients and steps is essential when it comes to preparing halwa-style sooji ka halwa. Ghee, semolina, sugar and water are the major components of semolina pudding. The ratio should be 1:1:3:1, i.e. one cup of ghee, one cup of semolina, three cups of water and one cup of sugar. Make sure you only use a standardized cup to measure all the ingredients.
Sooji Halwa Recipe: How to make Halwai Style Sooji Halwa
- Start by heating ghee in a pan. When the ghee is hot, add semolina. Add semolina only when the ghee is hot to get the best color and texture. Fry till the color changes.
- Whatever you have in the kitchen, add a spoonful of gram flour or flour. This will help bind the pudding. Keep stirring and frying the semolina.
- Meanwhile, boil water, ghee, cardamom powder and saffron till it leaves colour.
- Add dry fruits to the semolina and fry. Turn off the flame.
- Add boiling saffron water to the semolina and start stirring. Once the water is completely absorbed, switch off the flame
- Add sugar and keep stirring it until it dissolves completely.
- Sooji halwa is ready!
Watch the step-by-step video of Halwai-Style Sooji Ka Halwa:
Looks delicious, doesn’t it?! Make this halwa at home and surprise your family with your culinary skills. How did you like it, do let us know in the comment section below.