A couple died of suffocation allegedly due to geyser gas leakage while taking a bath at their home in Rajasthan’s Bhilwara district, police said.
He said that his five-year-old son also fainted in the bathroom and is undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Investigating officer Jitendra Singh told that Shahpura resident Shivnarayan Jhanwar (37), his wife Kavita Jhanwar (35) and son Vihaan had played colors on Sheetla Ashtami.
When all three did not come out of the bathroom for more than two hours, the family members knocked on the door but there was no response. They broke open the door and found her lying unconscious on the floor while the geyser was on.
The official said all three were taken to the district hospital, where doctors declared the couple brought dead, while the child is undergoing treatment.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)